Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read the content and decide for yourself.. - the author - between 2000 minds

I noticed when i wrote the title and then wrote the content it turned out quite off topic everytime (except for the 1st post perhaps)

i'm a crappy writer, but this wasn't always the case. i remember i wrote quite good-to-kick-ass essays in my mother language as well as in English. probably this is because i had planned each essay, layout the key points i wanna touch and only then would start writing the essay. but i must admit that some of my kick-ass essays are just purely led by heart, followed by the brain.

as i aspire to be an author  i'm trying to improve on this and not just write ramblings and see the structure fallen out of places in my essays. Honestly i don't know who'll buy if the book is out (";). There's no target market, i don't write to be a millionaire, i write to share. I know up till now that i am the one and only reader of this blog but who cares? I'm practicing to write and this is a lot better to keep track than the traditional pen paper (or even harry-potter-style paper and quill, lol!)

I realised that everytime i write, i'll just touch about anything and everything that i could think of. this is not the right way for me to do this. anyway, i'd just sent a message in FB to my old teacher in high school asking her advice. i know from my part i simply has to focus (right now i'm writing with my muted headphones tightly gripping my ears - this must be a start). i also realized that i have too much parentheses ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) in my articles. must change the style a bit to get rid off them. perhaps i tried to explain everything too much everytime i mentioned something (e.g when i mention my old teacher, i wanted to elaborate on her). but then i fought the urge..
maybe if she reply, then i'd tell you how loving but strict and firm she is to her student, about a funny story of how she went up to the boys dormitory after i was missing in the class only to find me sleeping and i was really embarassed with her after that (took some time for me to act normal like nothing happen). ha! i just realized that i've fallen into the trap again. shall stay focused on the subject. TMI dude.. TMI! my friend can confirm how severe is my issue with TMI. he likes to keep it all to himself though, so most of the time i've no idea if he's dealing with anything or is it me being the jerk by never listening to him and just make everyhting about myself? nah i don't think so.. he likes to play things pretty close to his chest.

it seems like i can't stop writing at times. the ramblings keeps going on and on... what is the reasonable no. of lines/paragraphs anyway? does anyone know? i think if i prepare a plan on what to write and how long and stick to the plan, i'll be able to improve on the structure and produce a higher quality with reasonable length article. and i must stay focused. been reading about OCD for quite sometime now. maybe i need to see a shrink.. does anyone know / can recommend me a good one? oh i just remember "sajadah is where the booth is"

right, this shall be my last post in which i wrote the title first. come to think of it; "my issues on writing" or simply "writing issues" might be a suitable title. there i've cracked it. i've solved the title issue over an article.
and where's the comments? come on i used to read lotsa articles without commenting but where's the fun in that? if not you, then who? if not now, then when? (dang i'd probably just use my lots of other accounts and log in and leave a comment! (",) at least it's better than james' case. it's a classic fubar!

1 comment:

  1. this was written yesterday night. had trouble with the internet when it's time to post it.
    crappy connection. today's post is ready but it's in 3 or 4 different notepad. hopefully i'll be able to do a double or even a triple post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete